Here’s another event worth noting:
The Program for the Future Conference is “An Invitation to Innovation. An interactive conference inspired by Doug Engelbart’s vision of harnessing technology for human betterment. “
The conference takes place Monday (12/08/08) at The Tech Museum of Innovation and Adobe Headquarters in San Jose, and then on Tuesday (12/09/08) at Stanford University. And for those of us who are not on the West Coast, we can attend both days in Second Life. Register now before all the FREE virtual tickets are taken!
Featured speakers include
- Professor Thomas Malone, Founding Director, MIT Center for Collective Intelligence
- Professor Hiroshi Ishii, Associate Director, MIT Media Laboratory
- Peter Norvig, Director of Research, Google
- Andries van Dam, Professor, Brown University
- Alan Kay, President, Viewpoints Research Institute
- Steve Wozniak, co-founder, Apple Computer, Inc.
Plus an impressive list of other speakers that is essentially a “Who’s Who in Computing.”
This should be an extremely valuable two days for anyone interested in where technology is heading. I’ve got my virtual ticket and my avatar, Rebekah Cavan, and I will be there both days.